Comic Book Reader aka C.B.R allow to read CBZ/ZIP and CBR/RAR books and comics with WPF Engine in the line of the well known CDisplay.
Why this project? There are so many e-book readers already available… but none of them suited my requirements. They unzip pages on the disk, or hang between pages, or do not manage the library, etc…
I decided to use this project to experiment more on WPF, and its graphic capacity fit the needs and help fulfill the missing functions. It's more an experiment than anything else; the solution is clean but not perfect.
- Manage the book library, by parsing a specified folder, displaying the cover pages.
- Reading a book, placing the bookmark on a current page, and restoring it.
- Saving all for further reading.
- Being quick because of zipped content access, implement image cache management.
- Once a book is open, display the pages inside and the folder structure.
Main screenCannot resolve image macro, invalid image name or id.Options dialogCannot resolve image macro, invalid image name or id.In full screen mode, magnifying glassCannot resolve image macro, invalid image name or id.
- From the toolbar, you get Load, Full Screen, Refresh catalog, Options, Quit, About, Cache information, Page Name
- Scroll Pages : Arrows or Wheel
- Zoom : Left Ctrl + Wheel
- Move Pages : Left mouse button(in case of big zoom)
- Magnifying glass : Left Shift + Wheel (in full screen mode only)
- Read, Bookmark, Goto Bookmark, Clear Bookmark : context menu on catalog or pages