Comic Book Reader aka C.B.R allow to read CBZ/ZIP and CBR/RAR books and comics with WPF Engine in the line of the well known CDisplay.Background
Why this project? There are so many e-book readers already available… but none of them suited my requirements. They unzip pages on the disk, or hang between pages, or do not manage the library, etc…
I decided to use this project to experiment more on WPF, and its graphic capacity fit the needs and help fulfill the missing functions. It's more an experiment than anything else; the solution is clean but not perfect.Functions
- Manage the book library, by parsing a specified folder, displaying the cover pages.
- Reading a book, placing the bookmark on a current page, and restoring it.
- Saving all for further reading.
- Being quick because of zipped content access, implement image cache management.
- PDF to ZIP conversion (due to "bug" in pdf image, search a way to "read" pdf)
- New toolbar
- New protect command
- Saving is improved
- 5 star rating (not saved actually)
Main screen, magnifying glassCannot resolve image macro, invalid image name or id.Options dialogCannot resolve image macro, invalid image name or id.See also : http://reflectionstudio.codeplex.com/
- From the toolbar : Open book, Full Screen, Refresh catalog, Options, Quit, About, Fit to width, Fit to height, Cache information, Page Name
- Scroll Pages : Arrows or Wheel
- Zoom : Left Ctrl + Wheel
- Move Pages : Left mouse button(in case of big zoom)
- Magnifying glass : Left Shift + Wheel (in full screen mode only)
- Read, Bookmark, Goto Bookmark, Clear Bookmark : context menu on catalog or pages