Feedbacks

Coordinator
Jan 28, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Edited Jan 28, 2012 at 5:42 PM

from getsandom, moved from issue tracker

Hello there,

I've gave your project a try since I'm always looking for some nice app and I use to read a huge load o comics/manga. I found it to be very interesting so I thought of giving some feedback:

One thing a felt is missing are fitting options for the page, specially double paging with a right to left (manga) option.
The fullscreen reading is not actually fullscreen since only maximize the window and hide the commands, althought is not very difficult to make it (you just need to set the main for to be chromeless).
When browsing the library in thumbnails/details mode sometimes the tooltip from one book show when hover a differente one.
Thumbnails are always nice but they feel rather small for me, I have miopy and I'm quite claustrophobic when it comes to screen space so I like things to be big (As type this I'm using a 27" monitor).
Some readers have support for a xml based online format called WebComic (usually .cbw files) were you configure only the image url's and the reader download and cache then for the reading from the web.

I currently use an amazing app for my readings I'm almost certain you would know, Comic Rack from Cyolito, I love the way it's explorer navigates and shows the thumbs/properties for the books and its reading/image-fitting modes are real nice, it does a astonishing work with metadata but I can't get rid of the library tab, my collection is quite well organised on to folders so I don't care for a library and it has an old Windows look'n'feel with menus and all. I love the Ribbon for the commands since my first use off Office 2007 so I'm think your app is on the right track for usability.
I'll sure come back with ideas and contributions when I have then.

Nice work...

Jan 28, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Sorry to put things on the wrong place, althought there is one issue there about the hover on the thumbnail list. And thanks for taking the time to reply and doing it so quickly...

Coordinator
Jan 29, 2012 at 9:28 PM

no problemo !

i have a questions

double page is just for you as you have a 27" screen :-)

about manga...how are they scanned ? what is the difference ? can u send me an url for a free one ?

Coordinator
Jan 30, 2012 at 9:07 PM

tooltip bug is corrected, was due to virtualization mode on list view - rest is in the list

Jan 31, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Hi,

About the manga, the main difference is the reading order that is reversed (right-to-left) as most of japanese publication, until they got popular worldwide some american companies (and brazilian as I'm from Brazil) used to mirror the pages so to publish it left-to-right like normal comics, but this enraged real fans so they a mostly published as the original now (only translated). I'll see if I have something that is OK to share so you can see. About the screen they are actually two as I have a 22" also (I said I'm claustrophobic) :-)

Coordinator
Feb 16, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Hello,

last check in has got a 2 page comic book view ! check it, if u can compile it.  it's beta !!